August Biniaz is a Real Estate Developer, Fund Manager, General Partner and a Real Estate Private Equity Thought Leader with 15 years of experience. He is the Co-founder of CPI Capital, where he acts as the CSO and COO working with operating partners across the US. August was instrumental in the closing of over $208 million of multifamily assets since inception. August has a passion for sharing his knowledge and helping others reach financial freedom. August enables investor partners to earn substantial returns by investing in multifamily properties in the hottest US markets. He educates investors through the CPI Academy platform, YouTube Show, Webinars, Meetup Groups, and more.
We talked to August about the importance of building a brand, why educating your potential investors is key, and the US and the Canada Markets.
Groundbreaker: Click here to learn how to raise more money and speed up the syndication process by 80%!
[00:01 – 05:37] Opening Segment
- August talks about his background;
- Brokering deals and syndications;
[05:37 – 24:58] Steady Growth
- He talks about how he raised $5,000,000 in his first syndication;
- How the syndication process works;
- How to build your brand;
- Why you should educate your potential investors;
- How to put yourself out there as a multifamily investor;
[24:58 – 35:00] Capital Preservation
- The Canadian Market VS. The US Market;
- Why there is so much demand by foreign investors for the US real estate;
- August talks about his company CPI Capital;
- Challenges that August had to overcome as a non-US resident
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[35:00 – 44:07] Round of Insights
Apparent Failure: Not educating people in his first investment
Digital Resource: Asana
Most Recommended Book: Raising Capital
Daily Habit: Thinking about what he is grateful for every day
#1 Insight for Investing: Get a coach.
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Vancouver: Chinese Cuisine
To learn more go to www.cpicapital.ca
“It’s really important when you build a brand, other people knowing exactly what you do because the first thing that comes in people’s mind is ‘What’s in it for me?’” – August Biniaz
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you’re enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.