Paul Wakim, the founder of TwnSqr, taught himself how to code in Python to create an algorithm to predict who was going to sell their home next by identifying people who showed signs of 5 or 6 common selling traits. Later, he met his great friend and TwnSqr co-founder, Mitch Tracy. In mid-2019, Mitch quit his job to come work on TwnSqr full-time to refine and drastically improve the algorithm.
Through trial and error, Paul and Mitch ended up with the version of TwnSqr that we have today – the premiere off-market property dispositions tool that connects real estate investors with one another and, eventually, the largest institutional buyers in the world. Their goal is to support sellers, investors, and buyers of all sizes through world-class technology!
We talked to Paul about how they got to the 95% accuracy rate on who wants to sell, how it helps investors form deeper and more valuable connections, and what makes TwnSqr a great platform for professional investors.
Groundbreaker: Click here to learn how to raise more money and speed up the syndication process by 80%!
[00:01] Opening Segment
- Paul talks about his background;
- He talks about how he built a platform for buyers and sellers;
- What really kicked off his platform “TwnSqr”
[05:55] 95% Accuracy Rate on Who Wants to Sell
- 6 indicators that let you know that someone is going to or wants to sell;
- How to make accurate, data-backed predictions on who wants to sell;
- How they got to the 95% accuracy rate on who wants to sell;
- How you can access data;
[13:34] “Townsqr” – A Platform for Investors by Investors
- Paul talks about his app “TwnSqr” and what it’s for;
- The things that make TwnSqr a lot more than an MLS listing;
- Connecting professionals and the ease of closing a deal;
- The user experience of “TwnSqr”;
- Helping investors form deeper and more valuable connections;
- JV in partnerships;
- $1 first deal
- What’s conservatorship;
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[29:26] Round of Insights
Apparent Failure: Failing to recognize how bad they were failing with the second business model of TwnSqr.
Digital Resource: Miro
Most Recommended Book: The Nature Fix
Daily Habit: Writing a to do list
#1 Insight for Real Estate Investing: Always partner with somebody.
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Jackson, Wyoming: Dornan’s
Click here to listen to the “Probate, Deals, and Protecting Your Assets with Bill Gross” episode.
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you’re enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.