Isabelle Guarino is a graduate from Arizona State University, a former flight attendant, Walt Disney World intern and now Residential Assisted Living Academy’s leading lady. She has been working as the COO of the company for the last 6 years, keeping everyone in line and on task. She’s been featured in many magazines and articles on the topic of Senior Housing and most recently was given the title of one of the “Top Influencers in Senior Housing”. Isabelle also won Aging Media’s “Future Leaders of Assisted Living” award in 2020 being 2 of 100’s under 30 to make the list.
We talked to Isabelle about her investing and education journey in senior housing and we got into the nitty-gritty of the residential assisted living space.
Groundbreaker: Click here to learn how to raise more money and speed up the syndication process by 80%!
[00:01] Opening Segment
- Isabelle talks about her background;
- How her father influenced her getting into the senior housing space;
[04:30] A Hybrid Business Model
- A hybrid business model;
- What’s assisted living;
- Different ways for investing in senior housing;
- What makes assisted living different than a tenant-landlord agreement;
- Residential assisted living;
- Independent living VS. Assisted living
[15:28] Residential Assisted Living 101
- 4 ways of getting into assisted living as an investor;
- The licensing process for assisted living;
- How the payment process works in the assisted living space;
- How to find operators in the assisted living space;
- The risks involved in the assisted living space;
- What location to choose for residential assisted living;
Announcement: Download Our Sample Deal and Join Our Mailing List
[29:59] Round of Insights
Apparent Failure: Accepting a problematic resident in her residential assisted living home;
Digital Resource: The Profitability Calculator at ral101.com
Most Recommended Book: The 5AM Club
Daily Habit: Writing a to do list
#1 Insight for Being Successful with Residental Asissted Living: Grid
Best Place to Grab a Bite in Phoenix: Citizen Publichouse
Thank you for joining us for another great episode! If you’re enjoying the show, please LEAVE A RATING OR REVIEW, and be sure to hit that subscribe button so you do not miss an episode.